The Food at Moxee
Our menu is an ongoing love letter to American cuisine with a Moxee spin on dishes we’ve enjoyed through many years of cooking and traveling. You can expect powerful flavors of the American south as well as highlights from regions throughout America.
We’re very proud of our barbecue. We use only local, green, hickory wood to smoke our succulent baby back ribs, farm-fresh chicken, beef brisket and pork shoulder to serve you authentic, low and slow barbecue. We also produce our own specialty meats such as bourbon-cured pork belly, beef pastrami, cider-brined turkey and smoked salmon to name a few.
Our bar menu has a rotating selection of the world’s finest beers on 24 taps, an array of carefully selected wines, and top-notch classic and contemporary craft cocktails.
Located in the heart of the historical Maxwell Street district near the intersection of Halsted & Maxwell Street we’ve got plenty of parking right across the street at a covered lot with rates better than street meters. Moxee restaurant and Mad Mouse Brewery is south of UIC and north of Pilsen.
- American Regional Fare (aka “Good Lookin’ Scratch Cookin’”)
- Authentic, low and slow barbecue and specialty meats
- Mad Mouse Brewery- small-batch beers from brewer, Phil Zelewski
- Top-notch crafted contemporary and classic cocktails
- The Maxwell Street Smokehouse and Bakery
- Outdoor sidewalk dining— weather permitting
- Genuine, down-to-earth service from a knowledgeable and welcoming staff
- Fresh, high-quality ingredients from local purveyors
- A relaxed and inviting atmosphere
- Easy parking in a covered lot just across the street
Private Parties & Banquets
Located in the charming Chicago neighborhood of University Village, our semi-private event room has huge, 15-foot windows looking out onto historic Maxwell Street.
Your guests will mingle in our beautiful event space immersed in the vibrant Chicago neighborhood of University Village, near University of Illinois at Chicago and on Maxwell Street.
Our custom menus assure memorable events with our personal touch with prices starting at $22 per person for evenings and $18 per person for lunch. There is no room charge or bar minimum. We offer a wide array menu options from cocktail parties and rehearsal dinners to family brunches and birthdays.
Go to our Private Parties page to view Party Room details & menus.
Mad Mouse Brewery
A small, Chicago brewery that concocts unique specialty beers in three half-barrel batches.
Our recipes are developed and executed by our resident brewer, Phil Zelewsky.